The Hogarth Essays
Publisher: The Hogarth Press. Country: U.K. Date: 1924-28.
Homage to John Dryden by T. S. Eliot
London, Leonard and Virginia Woolf at The Hogarth Press, 1924
(The Hogarth Essays, First Series, No. 4)
Cream paper wrappers. First edition.
THE HOGARTH ESSAYS (THE HOGARTH PRESS)
Series Note: _______
1. Mr. Bennett and Mrs. Brown by Virginia Woolf. 1924.
2. The Artist and Psycho-analysis by Roger Fry. 1924.
3. Henry James at Work by Theodora Bosanquet. 1924.
4. Homage to John Dryden: Three Essays on Poetry of the Seventeenth Century by T. S. Eliot. 1924.
5. Histriophone. A Dialogue on Dramatic Diction by Bonamy Dobrée. 1925.
6. In Retreat by Herbert Read. 1925.
7. Fear and Politics: A Debate at the Zoo by Leonard Woolf. 1925.
8. Contemporary Techniques of Poetry: A Political Analogy by Robert Graves. 1925.
9. The Character of John Dryden by Alan Lubbock. 1925.
10. Women: An Inquiry by Willa Muir. 1925.
11. Poetry and Criticism by Edith Sitwell. 1925.
12. Anonymity: An Enquiry by E. M. Forster. 1925.
13. A Short View of Russia by John Maynard Keynes. 1925.
14. Notes on Law and Order by J. A. Hobson. 1926.
15. The Revival of Aesthetics by Hubert Waley. 1926.
16. Art and Commerce by Roger Fry. 1926.
17. The Poet's Eye by Vernon Lee. 1926.
18. Another Future of Poetry by Robert Graves. 1926.
19. The Structure of Wuthering Heights by Charles Percy Sanger. 1926.
1. Composition As Explanation by Gertrude Stein. 1926.
2. Rochester: A Conversation between Sir George Etherege and Mr Fitzjames by Bonamy Dobrée. 1926.
3. Impenetrability; or, The Proper Habit of English by Robert Graves. 1926.
4. Catchwords and Claptrap by Dame Rose Macaulay. 1926.
5. Hunting the Highbrow by Leonard Woolf. 1927.
6. The Nature of Beauty in Art and Literature by Charles Mauron and Roger Fry. 1927.
7. The Apology of Arthur Rimbaud: A Dialogue by Edward Sackville-West and Vanessa Bell. 1927.
8. The Prospects of Literature by Logan Pearsall Smith. 1927.
9. Posterity by Sir Stephen King-Hall. 1927.
10. Contemporary Music by Robert H. Hull. 1927.
11. Leisured Women by Margaret Haig Thomas Mackworth, Viscountess Rhondd. 1928.
12. Delius by Robert H. Hull. 1928.
13. Cock Robin's Decease: An Irregular Inquest by Edward John Thompson. 1928.
14. Parnassus To Let: An Essay about Rhythm in the Films by Eric Walter White. 1928.
15. Ibsen and the Actress by Elizabeth Robins. 1928.
16. The Enjoyment of Music by Basil De Selincourt. 1928.
Share this page:
Author: David Paul Wagner
(David Paul Wagner on Google+)