FOULSHAM'S POCKET LIBRARY (W. FOULSHAM & CO.)
Series Note: "Foulsham's Pocket Library" was also known as "Foulsham's Cloth-Bound Pocket Library".
Some of titles in the Foulsham's Pocket Library were also published at same time by other publishers:
e.g. Public speaking: How to Speak in Public by G. P. Duncan. Toronto: The Musson Book Co. Ltd. 1942.
Some of the titles in the Foulsham's Pocket Library had been previously published by other publishers:
e.g. Everybody's Pocket Lawyer. A Guide for the Man in the Street. by Counsellor.
Saxon & Co., 1895; then: London: Madgwick, Houlston & Co., 1902 (2nd ed.); then: Madgwick, Houlston & Co. 1908 (3rd ed.).; then: A. Foulsham & Co., . 1929; !939 (rev. ed.).
(A) Titles arranged by serial number
1. How to Talk Correctly - Professor Duncan [George P. Duncan, pseud.]
4. Wild Flowers: How and Where to Find Them - William Platt.
5. Correct Conduct: Perfect Etiquette for All - Mary Woodman.
6. How to Drive a Car Efficiently: A complete Guide to Driving, Running Repairs & Overhauling - A Driving Instructor. c. 1939.
7. How to Write Correctly - Professor Duncan. [How to write correctly : hints for all who compose letters, business, statements, company reports, advertisements, short stories, newspaper articles, essays, etc., etc : useful in the home, the office, and the schoolroom.]
9. Dog Distemper: Its Avoidance, Treatment and Cure - Capt. F. T. Barton, M.R.C.V.S. 1941.
11. Corbett's Easy Grammar. Makes Study a Pleasure. [Cobbett's Easy Grammar : in a Series of Letters] - William Cobbett and The Hon. J. R. Clynes.
12. The Rambler's Pocket Guide to Life And Growth by the Wayside - S. C. Johnson, M.A. c. 1952.
14. 100 Varieties of Sandwiches: How to Prepare Them, etc. - Mary Woodman. c. 1934.
15. How to Calculate Quickly and Correctly.
16. Correct Book-keeping - J. H. Burton, A.S.A.A.
17. Billiards: How to Play and Win - Melbourne Inman. c. 1930.
20. Everybody's Ready Reckoner - 1/16d. to 19s. 6d. [NOTE: "1/16d." means "one sixteenth of a penny".]
23. Home-Made Wines - Mary Woodman.
28. Public Speaking - Professor Duncan.
31. 100 Cocktails: How to Mix Them - "Bernard".
36. How to Conduct Meetings. Procedures Fully Explained.
39a. Modern Business Letter Writing - S. C. Johnson.
41. Constructive Thinking - H. Ernest Hunt.
41a. How to Think. A Guide to the Art of Clear Thinking - H. Ernest Hunt [Harry Ernest HUNT]. c. 1930; c. 1938.
43. Your Nerves: How to Control Them - Dr. J. B_____. c. 1930.
44. How to Spell Correctly - Professor Duncan.
48. The Law of Landlord and Tenant - James Norman Rushton. c. 1930.
50. How to Train the Memory - H. Ernest Hunt.
52. Everybody's Vegetarian Cookery Book - E. Forster [Emily Forster].
55. Improve Your Diction and Voice Production - Zoe Rorke Cree. With a foreword by Kate Rorke.
62. Sixty Best Humorous Recitations.
63. Vegetable and Fruit Growing - Rosslyn Mannering. c. 1952.
64. The Gardener's Weekly Guide - Rosslyn Mannering.
(B) Further titles (serial numbers not yet known)
The Art of Violin Playing - Daniel Melsa.
Auction Bridge Up-To-Date - George Melville Smith. 1936.
The Before and After Dinner Book - Frank Mason. 1928.
Contract Bridge Up-to-Date - George Melville Smith. 1939.
Correct Punctuation, and Effective Sentence Construction - Max CROMBIE, pseud. c. 1929.
Everybody's Interest Tables, etc. 1929; 1930.
Everybody's Pocket Lawyer. A Guide for the Man in the Street - Solicitor. 1929; !939 (rev. ed.).
Foulsham's Dictionary of Dates and General Information - Charles Platt. c. 1930.
Home-Made Pastries & Cakes: How to Make Them - Mary Woodman. c. 1935.
Home-Made Sweets: How to Make Them - Mary Woodman. c. 1934.
How to Manage Laying Hens: Quick Egg-Production and Breeding - Rosslyn Mannering. c. 1935.
The Master of Ceremonies - Leslie H. Bourke. c. 1938.
100 Fresh Food Dishes for Health & Strength: How to Prepare Them - Mary Woodman. 1935.
Pianoforte Vamping Made Easy: For All Who Wish to Play - Julius Berne. 195-?.
The Successful Journalist and Author. How to Write Articles, Short Stories, Novels, etc., and Get Them Accepted. - Stanley C Johnson [ Stanley Currie JOHNSON]. c. 1929, c. 1930.
Your Dog: How to Keep Him in Good Condition - Rosslyn Mannering. c. 1929.
Share this page:
Author: David Paul Wagner
(David Paul Wagner on Google+)